8/9/08

Day 21

August 9. I bet not too many of you have ever had what I had for breakfast this morning at Paul & Carla's B&B. Venison sausage! Outstanding! I told you this was a great place to stay.

After breakfast we tended to the bike, getting that last oil change in. And while we were doing that, it started raining. Such a rare event on this trip, rain. So on goes the raingear, yet again, and away I go, haul-assin'. The rain had actually pretty much quit by then, but I did need the gear for the wet roads and the few remaing spritzes.

The day's riding began with a delightful tour of the interstates surrounding Chicago, always a delightful day. NOT!!! But after getting through that mess, the ride was pretty good. I80 all the way through Indiana and Ohio, where the traffic was light and so was the weather. There is of course the occasional moron on these turnpikes who wants to tailgate when you're doing 80 and match speed when you slow down, in the left lane of course, so you can't pass anybody. But all in all, a nice ride.

I went until after dark, when I started seeing lightning in the distance and decide not to push things. But I still got in 592 miles, landing in Brookville, PA.

Tomorrow oughta do it.

No comments: