8/4/08

Day 16

August 4. Nothing to report. Took advantage of having to wait for the Harley shop to open by going for a run, washing the bike, that kind of stuff. The bike is filthy. I got the crust off, but it's going to take a couple of days to get it back in shape. There is asphalt and road oil burned on to the pipes. But it comes off with a rag and elbow grease. It's just not going to come clean in a spray car wash.

Great weather predicted for the next week, all the way to the Midwest, so with any luck, I'm done with the rain gear and seven layers of clothing. Or at least both at the same time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey buddy,
A clean bike seems to ride much better... glad you're hanging out for the tire, better safe than sorry.
I talked to Wayne Sunday night. All is well in Custer. I talked to Lee Ann and am going to book the trailer we stayed in back in 06'. I'm definately riding out next year, the vacation slot is already booked.
Hope the weather changes in your favor. I'm sure it will be warmer heading home, still hitting the 90's here.
Be safe my friend!!!
Tom