8/6/08

Day 18

August 6. Another great day. After a few more mountains and getting through the tourists around Glacier Nat'l Park, I ran almost all the way across Montana on US 2. I love riding the prairie as much (maybe more) than the mountains. You're humbled in the mountains with the earth's majesty, and in the plains by just how big it is and you realize that you could ride it every day for the rest of your life and only see a part of it.

Great weather: started out a little chilly, but ended up in the 90s (never thought I'd thrive on heat), sun all the way. Nothing weird happened. No Chinese insults. Ended up in another great hotel.

On the prairie you can just open 'er up and eat the miles, 619 of them to Wolf Point, Montana. From here I start the run for home. See you all in a few days.

Life is good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OK... I knew it would be getting better by now. Glad to hear you're doing well Jim!!! Got the bucket list started...lol Thanks!!!
Tom

Be safe my friend!!!