7/25/08

Day 6

July 25. Unbelievable day! I left really early, so I could start looking for a room after getting some decent miles in. It was in the low 40's at 5:30, and took until mid-afternoon to warm up, but I had enough clothes and was comfortable. Finally ended up in Fort Nelson, BC, after 557 miles, where almost every room is vacant. Go figure!

This whole country up here is beautiful. The day started in farmland, went through bigger and bigger hills, until you could finally see mountains off in the distance. I'm in the northern wilderness at last. There are long stretches where there is road and sky and forest, and that's it!

I ran into some construction, mostly chip-seal patching. It looks like those headlight guards will be useful, after all. Every now and again, there is a sign that says Loose Gravel. They should change all of those signs to say, Loose Gravel, Right Fucking Now! Because that's where the gravel is. But after a while, you just treat all orange road signs as the enemy, and slow down for them all.

And here's the 1,000 words:

1 comment:

Tony G said...

I am green with envy. Ride safe and enjoy. Tony G